Thursday, June 12, 2008

Coming Back

Fall 2007 was the semester that seemed like it was never was going to end. The unlimited number of assignments, the big group projects, and the new type of instruction used along with the WebCity kept the course going 24/7. When the semester ended the feeling of being overwhelmed transformed into satisfaction. I learned so much about the content of the course, ‘the methods of instruction,’ but what I learned the most was the importance of building a strong work group. The environment of the class was truly collaborative and supportive of one another. When the semester ended one of my classmates, Danny, said, “I feel that the family is breaking up.” We were a family sharing the same type of emotions and ambitions. We were all carrying loads of stress! We help one another to make the load lighter!

Now I am back in totally different circumstances. First, I do not know any members of this new group and second, I would never even see them in person because the course I am taking is on online course, which brings me to a more frighting state of mind. Is it possible to build the relationships we need to work as a group when using the frequently impersonal resource of the internet?
It is going to be interesting how it goes. Are we going to be able to build a family like my last one? Am I going to able to handle an online course?
I will let you know what’s happening by making use of my blog!

No comments: